Beginning Sight Singing Video Lesson with Solfege Hand Signs printable set
Teach your kids to sight read songs!Watch Promo
Teach your students how to sight sing with the Beginning Sight Singing with Solfege Hand Signs Video Lesson and printable set with flashcards. The set contains:
- A video lesson by Gena Mayo teaching you how to use the set to learn the Solfege syllables and hand signs.
- A page showing the 7 Solfege hand signs with corresponding Solfege syllables.
- Three pages to practice identifying the hand signs and writing the Solfege syllables.
- Answers for those three pages.
- Seven coloring sheets of the hand signs.
- Flashcards (4 of each) for all seven Solfege hand signs.
Use the Beginning Sight Singing with Solfege Hand Signs printable set and flashcards in class, in centers, or for individual practice. Then, transfer the learning to actually songs to sightread them with solfege hand signs!
Gena Mayo is a homeschooling mom of 8 who has been teaching music in various forms for over 25 years. She has a Bachelors degree in Music Education and a Masters degree in Vocal Pedagogy (teaching voice lessons). It has been her joy to teach elementary and junior high choir, high school voice classes, private voice lessons for teens through adults, early childhood music and movement classes (babies through preschool), elementary general music, and music appreciation for elementary through high school. But, her favorite music teaching experience has been as musical director for stage musicals such as Seussical, Shrek, Singing in the Rain, Newsies, and Beauty and the Beast. It is Gena's desire to help all homeschoolers include music in their homeschools!
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
By the way, are you looking for a Music & Fine Arts Membership experience?
The Music in Our Homeschool Plus (MIOH+) membership experience for Preschool - High School will be open for enrollment from May 2023.