Dynamics Flashcards and Picture Cards
Helps students make connections and understand loud vs. soft
Help your kids understand loud and soft -- dynamics -- in music! Use the flashcards and picture cards in many different actiities!
Dynamics Flashcards contains the following 8 flashcards on 4 pages (print double-sided):
- Mezzo Forte
- Mezzo Piano
One side shows the symbol, the other side the Italian term and English description.
- 7 pages with four cards on each page (28 different pictures total)
Print pages 1 and 2 on double-sided paper (or cardstock).
Print pages 3 and 4 on double-sided paper (or cardstock).
Cut the cards on the blue lines.
- Laminate the 8 flashcards.
- Make a set for each student.
Use the Picture Cards to help students make connections between the sounds the animals or thing on the card makes. Is it loud, soft, in-between?
Does it make no sound at all? Does the sound gradually get louder or gradually get softer? Does it depend on certain circumstances? There are no hard and fast answers. This will encourage the student to be creative.
- Have the student sing a song and hold up different cards. The student will change the loudness of the song depending on what card is being shown.
- Do the same thing while they are playing an instrument such as rhythm sticks, a drum, ukulele, piano, or a recorder.
- Have the student play a matching game to match a Dynamic Flashcard to the picture. (You’ll need to print out more Dynamics Flashcards for this game.
- Print out doubles of every card, one-sided, and play a Memory/Concentration game with the cards.
Download a free sample here!
Gena Mayo is a homeschooling mom of 8 who has been teaching music in various forms for 30 years. She has a Bachelors degree in Music Education and a Masters degree in Vocal Pedagogy (teaching voice lessons). It has been her joy to teach elementary and junior high choir, high school voice classes, private voice lessons for teens through adults, early childhood music and movement classes (babies through preschool), elementary general music, and music appreciation for elementary through high school. But, her favorite music teaching experience has been as musical director for stage musicals such as Seussical, Shrek, Singing in the Rain, Newsies, and Beauty and the Beast. It is Gena's desire to help all homeschoolers easily include music in their homeschools!
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
By the way, are you looking for a Music & Fine Arts Membership experience?
The Music in Our Homeschool Plus (MIOH+) Music and Fine Arts membership experience for Preschool - High School is open for enrollment in January, May, and August each year.