Martin Luther and the Reformation Lapbook & Music Lessons
A Simple Way for Kids to Understand the Man, the Music, and His Times
Martin Luther and the Reformation Lapbook
Use the “Martin Luther and the Reformation” lapbook to solidify your study. Read a book or watch a movie (suggestions are included) and then answer the questions on each of the 14 mini booklets to create a keepsake lapbook!
Answers are all included and may be used for kids who can’t write or if you prefer that way rather than having the students write out all the answers.
Photos of the completed lapbook are also included.
- Disagreements with the Catholic Church
- Words in German
- 95 Theses who, what, when, where, why
- Why was the Gutenberg printing press significant for the Protestant Reformation?
- Definitions/Vocabulary words
- What led Martin Luther to become a monk?
- Copywork of “A Mighty Fortress is Our God”
- Wartburg Castle: what happened there?
- Other Protestant Reformers
- Match the person to the job/role/position
- Which book of the Bible and verse were especially meaningful to Luther?
- Martin Luther’s parents
- Timeline of Luther’s life
- Tell about the book you read
Ages: K - 7th grade 42 pages
Reformation Day Music Lesson
- Learn about and listen to 3 of Martin Luther's Reformation Hymns.
- Fill out the Reformation Day Music printable.
- Answer online quiz questions.
"A Mighty Fortress is Our God" Music Lesson
- Learn about and listen to the hymn.
- Read "The Story Behind the Song."
- Sing it in 4-part harmony (sheet music and videos included).
- Music Lesson: Congregational singing and a First Voice Lesson (video included).
- Copywork and Coloring Page.
Gena Mayo is a homeschooling mom of 8 who has been teaching music in various forms for over 25 years. She has a Bachelors degree in Music Education and a Masters degree in Vocal Pedagogy (teaching voice lessons). It has been her joy to teach elementary and junior high choir, high school voice classes, private voice lessons for teens through adults, early childhood music and movement classes (babies through preschool), elementary general music, and music appreciation for elementary through high school. But, her favorite music teaching experience has been as musical director for stage musicals such as Seussical, Shrek, Singing in the Rain, Newsies, and Beauty and the Beast. It is Gena's desire to help all homeschoolers include music in their homeschools!
Pictures of the Martin Luther and the Reformation Lapbook
By the way, are you looking for a Music & Fine Arts Membership experience?
The Music in Our Homeschool Plus (MIOH+) membership experience for Preschool - High School will be open for enrollment from January 14-21, 2022.