Tune Up Your Homeschool
LIVE Music Space Setup 2-Hour Challenge
Tune Up Your Homeschool: Music Space Setup 2-Hour Challenge
Do you desire to do music education with your kids each year, only to find that life and other homeschool commitments always get in the way?
Then, you NEED this challenge!
Come join this challenge to get your homeschool space set up in only 2 hours
Gena Mayo, homeschool mom of 8 and music teacher for 30 years, will guide you to get organized in prepared so that music education WILL happen in your homeschool this coming school year.
And, it will only take 2 hours!
Part 1: First 30 Minutes Video Workshop
- We will discuss the purpose of this 2-hour challenge: To set up an organized and effective music education space in your homeschool for the upcoming school year.
- We will highlight the importance of music education: Gena will share the benefits of incorporating music into homeschooling and how it enhances children's learning and development.
Section 1: Planning the Music Space
- Assess your available space.
- Identifying your needs.
- Safety considerations.
Section 2: Choosing Instruments and Equipment
- Selecting suitable instruments (if required).
- Recommended audio equipment.
- Possible online resources.
Section 3: Organizing the Music Space
- Setting up storage solutions.
- Optimal room layout.
- Personalization and inspiration.
Section 4: Money matters
- Budgeting tips.
- Smart purchasing strategies.
- Out-of-the-Box ideas.
- Explain the challenge for getting set up during the next hour.
Part 2: One-Hour Set-Up-Your-Space Challenge
Part 3: Sharing Time and Final Thoughts
- Share pictures of your set-up music space!
- Ask any other questions for Gena to answer.
Gena Mayo is a homeschooling mom of 8 who has been teaching music in various forms for 30 years. She has a Bachelors degree in Music Education and a Masters degree in Vocal Pedagogy (teaching voice lessons). It has been her joy to teach elementary and junior high choir, high school voice classes, private voice lessons for teens through adults, early childhood music and movement classes (babies through preschool), elementary general music, and music appreciation for elementary through high school. But, her favorite music teaching experience has been as musical director for stage musicals such as Seussical, Shrek, Singing in the Rain, Newsies, and Beauty and the Beast. It is Gena's desire to help all homeschoolers easily include music in their homeschools!
A workbook is included for you to take notes during video workshop.