Recorder Time with Mr. Jerry
is the course for struggling homeschool moms who want their kids to get a music education and for kids who want to learn an instrument!
Mr. Jerry will help you effectively add music education to your homeschool!
Your students ages 8 and up will learn to play the recorder within a semester.
Did you know that you as the homeschool mom can learn, too? I am! (Gena Mayo wrote this.)
Enroll in Recorder Time with Mr. Jerry, get a recorder (suggestions for good ones are included), and start Session 1.
To achieve your goal of music ed in your homeschool, simply do one session per week! There are 18 sessions total.
I know, as I am a homeschooling mom myself, that
- it's hard to find time for music
- many moms don't have the expertise to teach music
- a lot of much programs and lessons are too expensive for the homeschool budget
- some music programs are BORING or too hard for kids and/or mom
We'll teach you how to schedule the short lessons into your homeschool week and use them with your kids!
You'll see that with the help of this program you CAN include music even if you have no musical knowledge yourself.
And, the price? It costs less per month for your whole family than ONE private music lesson.
I'll give you
- A video lesson for each session, only 7-12 minutes long, taught by master teacher Mr. Jerry
- A 37-page workbook full of recorder fingers diagrams, music theory worksheets, original recorder songs by Mr. Jerry, and three classic songs (Hot Cross Buns, Amazing Grace, and Ode to Joy).
- Downloadable mp3 accompaniments to play along with
- Videos of incredible performances by professional recorder players so you can see what's possible
- Fun surprises from Mr. Jerry to keep the kids interested!
Yes, your kids will learn to play the recorder and grow in character (perseverance, self-determination, and poise), mom will feel successful in finally adding music education, and students will be prepared for any further instruments they decide to play!
I sought out Mr. Jerry to create this course so homeschool moms can be the rockstar homeschoolers they desire to be and give their kids the absolute best music education possible!
After enrolling in the course, simply push play on Session 1 as soon as you have your recorder! Schedule in 15 minutes a day for watching the lesson, doing worksheets, and practicing your recorder.
Then, do it each week for 18 weeks! You're successful!
See FREE Previews of Recorder Time with Mr. Jerry here:
Why Learn to play the recorder?
Here are a number of benefits:
- Builds hand-eye coordination and strengthens the use of left hand/right hand (much like piano lessons)
- Develops listening skills
- Helps students learn to read rhythms
- Helps students learn to read pitches (notes on the musical staff)
- Gives students an instrument to play for life
- It's portable, durable, easy-to-clean, and inexpensive!
- Helps develop ensemble feeling/listening and helps students learn to hear harmonies
- Teaches students to play with a musical accompaniment
- Learning the recorder can be a jump start for playing other woodwinds (clarinet, oboe, flute, sax, etc.)
- Develops good breathing and breath support
- Builds discipline & self-confidence
- It's a beautiful instrument when played correctly! Much more than a toy whistle sold at the dollar store.
Jerry Berger is a seasoned music teacher, having taught thousands of children in the public school setting for the past 27 years. He holds a Bachelor’s of Music Education from Millikin University, and a Master’s of Music Education from VanderCook College of Music.
In the series, “Recorder Time with Mr. Jerry”, you will learn about the soprano recorder, practice proper playing techniques, learn to read and play notes and rhythms on the treble staff, and be able to play several songs, using both your left and right hands. You will also experience videos of recorder performances from many unique artists and ensembles!
Mr. Jerry brings lots of fun to your short recorder lessons!
What Music Theory will You Learn?
- How to read notes of the treble clef
- How to read and count rhythms
- How to play in 3 different meters: 2/4, ¾, and 4/4 time
- Musical forms such as "theme and variations"
What Other Music will You Learn?
- About the composer Ludwig van Beethoven
- How to sing the pitches of the recorder songs
PreviewSession 1 (9:43)
StartSession 2 (11:59)
StartSession 3 (12:22)
StartSession 4 (11:46)
StartSession 5 (13:17)
StartSession 6 (9:46)
StartSession 7 (7:22)
StartSession 8 (8:48)
StartSession 9 (11:21)
StartSession 10 (9:22)
StartSession 11 (8:43)
StartSession 12 (9:57)
StartSession 13 (10:40)
StartSession 14 (7:44)
StartSession 15 (11:52)
StartSession 16 (12:20)
StartSession 17 (9:41)
StartSession 18 (10:00)
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
By the way, are you looking for a Music & Fine Arts Membership experience?
The Music in Our Homeschool Plus (MIOH+) membership experience for Preschool - High School will be open for enrollment in January 2023.