Music in Our Homeschool Plus
Membership with Full Access to Every Elementary Music Course PLUS Lots More!
The MIOH+ membership is closed for enrollment until mid May when you can prepare for fun summer music learning!
Sign up for the waitlist and get some freebies while you wait:
Music in Our Homeschool Plus:
- Full Access to ALL Elementary Music Courses at Learn.MusicinOurHomeschool.com (including new elementary courses added during the time you are a member)
- Beginning Music Theory Lessons! A highly sought-after course that is only found here in the Membership.
- Music Printable Pack Library
- A brand new Exclusive 15-Minute Music Lesson from Gena each month.
- Bonus video lessons from other amazing educators.
- A Monthly Calendar of Music Activities, Games, and Lessons to do each week day.
- A Community of Like-Minded Educators to share ideas, ask questions, and post "wins"!
- 25% Discount to every other course available at Learn.MusicinOurHomeschool.com (There are 12 right now and a couple of new ones are planned for 2020!)
Gena Mayo is a homeschooling mom of 8 who has been teaching music in various forms for over 25 years. She has a Bachelors degree in Music Education and a Masters degree in Vocal Pedagogy (teaching voice lessons). It is her desire to help all homeschoolers include music in their homeschools.
Who would want to join the Music in Our Homeschool Plus membership?
A mom who says:
“Music is important . . . just hard to get done.”
“I like that my kids can go and do this on their own.”
“[Music] is one subject that just cannot be learned by books alone, and I am no expert on how to go about teaching it.”
“We are on a tight budget.”
"I'm looking for beginning music theory."
Who is already part of the Music in Our Homeschool Plus membership?
"I taught school from 1976-2011. I taught everything from PE, computers, PK, Special Ed, K-5, and Music. I love music and it was just natural to finish my teaching career teaching music to 500 kids-ages 3-grade 4. Now homeschooling my grandsons and Gena's courses are easy to use and so much fun!
I am using it as part of our morning basket time with my 12 year old grandson. He is not much into this part of music, but we try to get him as much "culture" as he can stand! We are doing Folk Songs and have done Special Days." ~ K.H.
"Hello! I'm a mom to 6 kids, 5 in elementary and 1 toddler. We live In Kenya and serve as missionaries. I am a math and science person and never studied music much in my youth. We have been really enjoying this program. It is great being able to provide an interesting and robust music education with no planning. I love what I am learning too!" ~ C.D.
"Hi, ... we live in Indianapolis and am currently homeschool a 3rd and 1st grader, pre-K (and we have an 11 month old foster baby!). My kids love all things music and so I'm trying to incorporate it early and often to keep their love for it going while also adding to their knowledge of it :)" ~ C.W.
"Hello, I am a Mother to 3 boys! All of them I homeschool. I am so glad I came across this program, I have had a hard time not only setting side time for a music class, but also putting together some type of lesson plan. This is wonderfully convenient and helpful. I love music and started my children out with classical music while I was still pregnant, and continued to expose them to the great composers as night time music at bedtime. Somewhere along the way I let the importance of music and the frequency of which we listened to it diminish but this program along with the guitar lessons we have planned, my children will hopefully gain the same love of music that I have had since I was a child. Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication to this subject and giving children the opportunity to learn and participate in this great program." ~ S.K.
"Hi, I'm a home school mama to four kids; my first is an adult now and my youngest is seven! My daughter started singing before she talked in sentences and music still runs through her blood. Music is such an international language! Recently, I read this article about the importance of music on our brains. It made me regret that my oldest never had any music lessons. I just came across MIOH this week and purchased it. ... Thank you for this course, Gena. I'm excited to incorporate it in to our home school." ~ K.S.
"I’m very excited to be here! I love Gena’s courses because I’m the non-musically-talented mom of 3 very musically talented kids. 😂 I come to learn alongside them. :)" ~ A.W.
"Thank you for this group and for making it affordable! I started playing piano when I was 8. In 5th grade, I staryed playing the clarinet. I sang in choir throughout school, including a members-only traveling choir for 2 years in college. (We also played the handbells - so much fun and many wonderfully fantastic memories.) While I have personal music experience, I do not have the confidence to teach music (A half credit course in teaching elementary music hardly prepares one to teach it.). Thank you again!" ~ A.E.
"I'm doing this for personal reasons. Haven't studied music in a long time." ~ J.L.
From a MIOH+ Member:
"I just wanted to share that my kids have Autism. (I have 8 with 5 on the spectrum.) I've been struggling to fit in actual teaching that will have meaning about music. I've been eyeing your lessons for a while and when I saw the $7 a month offer I knew I had to do this. The "White Christmas" lesson had history, the video and a coloring page. Those things tied it in for even my youngest, who struggle with spoken language but can sing. Because of all of this, is the reason why you have seen me all over the place praising and talking about your materials!"
~ Dana D.
This course is not open for enrollment.
The elementary music courses included in Music in Our Homeschool Plus:
- 15-Minute Music Lessons for Elementary ($27)
- Intro to Musicals for Elementary ($27)
- State Songs of the 50 U.S. States for Elementary ($27)
- Music of Christmas for Elementary ($27)
- Music for Holidays & Special Days for Elementary ($57)
- FALL Music for Holidays & Special Days for Elementary ($27)
- WINTER Music for Holidays & Special Days for Elementary ($27)
- SPRING Music for Holidays & Special Days for Elementary ($27)
- A Folk Song a Week for Elementary ($27)
- 10 Songs All Preschoolers Should Know ($27)
Elementary courses planned to be added in 2020:
- American Music for Elementary ($27)
- World Music for Elementary ($57)
- SUMMER Music Lessons for Holidays & Special Days for Elementary ($27)
The Music Printable Library includes:
- Music Instrument Notebooking Pages set 219 pages ($10)
- Music Practice Assignment Sheets 10 pages ($2)
- The Star-Spangled Banner printable pack 15 pages ($2)
- Alphabet Sheets with Musical Instruments or Topics 26 pages ($3)
- Color and Cut Music Notes and Symbols 28 pages ($3)
- Music Alphabet Handwriting Practice Sheets 26 printing pages, 26 cursive pages ($5)
- Music Wordcloud
- Composers to Study
- 16 Simple Ways to Incorporate Music in Your Homeschool
- Christmas Song Lyric sheets 14 pages ($1)
- Twelve Days of Christmas pages 28 pages ($2)
- Notes of the Treble & Bass Clef Manipulatives 13 pages ($2)
- Percussion Musical Instrument printable pack 22 pages ($3)
- Musical Color By Code 7 pages ($2)
- Flash Cards of Music Notes, Symbols, & Terms 13 pages ($2)
- More added each month
Courses Included with Purchase
Original Price: $300
This course is not open for enrollment.
Beginning Music Theory Course
This has been one of my most highly requested courses, and I've decided to host it right here within the Music in Our Homeschool Plus membership.
Each month new video lessons will be added, along with printables, manipulatives, or worksheets to practice the skills.
By the end of the course, your elementary student will know the basics of music theory, including note names, note types, scales, intervals, chords, rhythms, symbols, terminology, and so much more! It's perfect as a stand-alone course or as a supplement to band, choir, orchestra, musical theater, or private music lessons of any type.
StartDecember 2019: Christmas Song Sing-Along video (17:16)
StartBonus video: What is a Percussion Instrument? (14:09)
StartJanuary 2020: Creating Homemade Instruments video (16:15)
StartFebruary 2020: The Notes of the Treble Clef (12:14)
StartMarch 2020: Music Notes, Symbols, & Terms (14:22)
StartBonus video: Birdsongs ~ Music in Nature from Cindy West
StartBonus video: How to Easily Provide a Music Education for your Kids at Home
Testimonials from Homeschool Moms, just like you!:
“Thank you so much for all that you do for your community! My children love your lessons.”
“I have seen my boys grow with the courses we have done. Thank you for making music possible in my homeschool.”
“Love your courses! I’ve used several and will continue to do so.”
“I love the idea of monthly memberships. Some of them are a bit more than our budget can afford, but I appreciate opportunities to supplement my kids’ education with other teachers and teaching styles. Online courses have been a good option for us, in a lot of cases, but I can’t wait to see what you’re going to be offering!”
“I have never done a ‘monthly membership' in my homeschool. Curious to see what this will be like!“
“I’ve been drooling over your courses that would fit perfectly on our Classical timeline which I created myself for my family!
“We’ve been going through the Folk Music course and my children love it. My 2 year old was singing ‘Down By the Bay’ yesterday at the library!”
“I think this would benefit my family greatly!”
“I do enjoy your courses and they have been a helpful supplement to our homeschool day.”
Bonus video lessons from amazing educators such as Cindy West!