How it works & the books we'll read
If you're like me, you do sometimes get those business books read. I usually listen to them while I mow the lawn, walk, or drive. And, I think, "Ooo, what a great idea! I need to do that."
But, since I'm not in a position to write it down, I forget about it, and it never gets implemented.
I need accountability. And, I'm thinking you do, too!
Each month we will all read/listen to the same business book.
Week 1: Read first half of book and choose a task you'd like to implement.
Week 2: Implement that task/strategy, share with the group, and get feedback.
Week 3: Read the second half of the book and choose a second task you'd like to implement.
Week 4: Implement that second task/strategy, share with the group, and get feedback.
Then, the next month, we'll all read/listen to the next business book and do the same as above.
Why This Will Work:
- We'll have accountability to get our book read.
- We'll have accountability and feedback to get our tasks implemented.
- Our businesses and/or lives will function better and grow!
Who This is For:
Narrowly, it's for homeschool moms who own their own businesses--any kind of business! But, we can easily extend it to mompreneurs who don't homeschool. Also, you don't have to be a Christian, but I am, and will not be hesitating to share Scripture when applicable, to pray for us, and to encourage God-honoring conversations, etc. The books we read will not all be written by Christians, though.
How it Works:
Each Sunday afternoon, you'll receive an email from me reminding you what we are to do the next week (read or implement) and a link to share your thoughts, suggestions, questions, and comments!
Read the book, listen to it, or do both at the same time! It's up to you.
Here is my Amazon store with all the books listed.
- January~ Winning the Week: How to Plan a Successful Week, Every Week by Demir Bentley
- February~ Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
- March~ Contagious: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger
- April~ Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalo
- May~ The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller
- June~ Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- July~ Everything is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo
- August~ Do the Hard Things First: How to Win Over Procrastination and Master the Habit of Doing Difficult Work by Scott Allan
- September~ Finish: Give Yourself the Gift of Done by Jon Acuff
- October~ Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen (recommended by Sarita Harbour)
- November~ Chillpreneuer: The New Rules for Creating Success, Freedom, and Abundance on Your Terms by Denise Duffield-Thomas
- December~ Juliet's School of Possibilities: A Little Story About the Power of Priorities by Laura Vanderkam
How Does "Implementation Week" Work (Weeks 2 and 4 of every month)?
Everything will be done right here in Teachable. We'll have a comment thread where each of us will check in and tell what task we're implementing that week. The task can be very simple such as buying a journal and journaling for 5 minutes every morning for the entire week (idea from The Miracle Morning) or creating an email signature to use as a form letter email that answers your most common customer service question (idea from Free to Focus). If you're doing something like updating copy from one of your sales pages, you can post your ideas here in the group to get feedback from others (idea from Building a StoryBrand).
- Everything shared in the group stays in the group. Do not share anyone's ideas or plans outside of our group.
- Participate in the bi-weekly implementation and feedback threads.
- Kindness reigns.
- Give as much as you take.
- No profanity.
- Have fun and grow!
Get locked into the low monthly or yearly price now. You can cancel at any time. The membership will remain open all the time, so if there is a book one month you aren't interested in, feel free to cancel and join back in at a later month where there is a book you'd like to read. If the price has increased, you'll need to join at the new rate, though.
Refer a Friend Program:
I'm excited to share that Music in Our Homeschool now has a referral program! If you successfully refer a friend to make a purchase at Music in Our Homeschool, both you and your friend will earn a 10% discount on your next purchase! See a separate section labeled "Refer a Friend Program" below for all the details and your unique link to share.