How it works & the books we'll read
If you're like me, you do sometimes get those business books read. I usually listen to them while I mow the lawn, walk, or drive. And, I think, "Ooo, what a great idea! I need to do that."
But, since I'm not in a position to write it down, I forget about it, and it never gets implemented.
I need accountability. And, I'm thinking you do, too!
Each month we will all read/listen to the same business book.
Week 1: Read first half of book and choose a task you'd like to implement.
Week 2: Implement that task/strategy, share with the group, and get feedback.
Week 3: Read the second half of the book and choose a second task you'd like to implement.
Week 4: Implement that second task/strategy, share with the group, and get feedback.
Then, the next month, we'll all read/listen to the next business book and do the same as above.
Why This Will Work:
- We'll have accountability to get our book read.
- We'll have accountability and feedback to get our tasks implemented.
- Our businesses and/or lives will function better and grow!
Who This is For:
Narrowly, it's for homeschool moms who own their own businesses--any kind of business! But, we can easily extend it to mompreneurs who don't homeschool. Also, you don't have to be a Christian, but I am, and will not be hesitating to share Scripture when applicable, to pray for us, and to encourage God-honoring conversations, etc. The books we read will not all be written by Christians, though.
Read the book, listen to it, or do both at the same time! It's up to you.
The first four books are as follows. I've read these and found many things that I wanted to implement in my life and/or business but never did. So, I'm ready to join you for the accountability and feedback to make it happen!
After these first four months, the present members will vote to see which book we'll read next. Here is my Amazon store with all the books listed.
- January 2022 ~ The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod. "What if you could miraculously wake up tomorrow and any - or every area of your life was transformed? What if I told you that there is a "not-so-obvious" secret that is guaranteed to transform any - or literally every area of your life, faster than you ever thought possible? What if I told you it would only take 6 minutes a day?"
- February 2022 ~ Building a StoryBrand by Donald Miller. "New York Times best-selling author Donald Miller uses the seven universal elements of powerful stories to teach listeners how to dramatically improve how they connect with customers and grow their businesses."
- March 2022 ~ Free to Focus by Michael Hyatt. "A total productivity method to achieve more by doing less. Most think productivity is just about getting more done at a faster speed. But it's not. Productivity is about getting the right things done."
- April 2022 ~ The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks. "Conquer your hidden fear and take your life to the next level. The Big Leap delivers a proven method for first identifying which of these four fears prevents us from reaching our personal upper limit, and then breaking through that limitation to achieve what Hendricks refers to as our Zone of Genius. Hendricks provides a clear path for achieving our true potential and attaining not only financial success but also success in love and life."
How Does "Implementation Week" Work (Weeks 2 and 4 of every month)?
Everything will be done right here in Teachable. We'll have a comment thread where each of us will check in and tell what task we're implementing that week. The task can be very simple such as buying a journal and journaling for 5 minutes every morning for the entire week (idea from The Miracle Morning) or creating an email signature to use as a form letter email that answers your most common customer service question (idea from Free to Focus). If you're doing something like updating copy from one of your sales pages, you can post your ideas here in the group to get feedback from others (idea from Building a StoryBrand).
- Everything shared in the group stays in the group. Do not share anyone's ideas or plans outside of our group.
- Participate in the bi-weekly implementation and feedback threads.
- Kindness reigns.
- Give as much as you take.
- No profanity.
- Have fun and grow!
The introduction rate is only $6/month. Get locked into that price now. You can cancel at any time. After a month or so, the price will be going up. The membership will remain open all the time, so if there is a book one month you aren't interested in, feel free to cancel and join back in at a later month where there is a book you'd like to read. If the price has increased, you'll need to join at the new rate, though.
Refer a Friend Program:
I'm excited to share that Music in Our Homeschool now has a referral program! If you successfully refer a friend to make a purchase at Music in Our Homeschool, both you and your friend will earn a 10% discount on your next purchase! See a separate section labeled "Refer a Friend Program" below for all the details and your unique link to share.