"James and the Giant Peach" the Musical
Background Information about the Musical:
James and the Giant Peach, the book, was written by Roald Dahl in 1961. A film version was made in 1996, and the musical version written by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul premiered in 2010.
- James Henry Trotter
- The Old Man/Narrator
- Aunt Spiker
- Aunt Sponge
- The Centipede
- The Earthworm
- The Old Green Grasshopper
- The Lady-bug
- Miss Spider
Listen to James and the Giant Peach, the Musical:
Download the James and the Giant Peach album for FREE here.
Read or Listen to the Book:
Behind-the-Scenes Videos of the Musical (recording the album):
The full musical performed by an amateur Children’s Theater:
Watch the Movie:
(Caveat- I have not seen this movie.)
Do a Play:
- James and the Giant Peach lesson plans.
- Character Analysis of the two aunts.
- Writing Lesson “Using quality details and strong verbs like Roald Dahl.”
- Discussion questions and activities.
- Ideas about researching insects, poetry, drawing a scene.
- Read a Biography of Roald Dahl
- "Roald Dahl Day" Ideas (September 13)
Peach Recipes and Projects: